Requesting help to restore factory settings.

Closed
Kim - Jan 10, 2012 at 04:05 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 10, 2012 at 04:52 PM
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone would be willing to help me with restoring a computer? I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook (no CD Rom) I am giving this to a friend, but I need to make sure that my email no longer downloads and any passwords are deleted. This computer has less than 24 hours of use on it, therefore no pictures, documents etc.

Thank you for any help that you can provide. It is greatly appreciated for this less than tech savvy lady.

Also, I have tried to research how to do this online but I had no luck. Again, thank you for your time and help.

Kim Smith

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,825
Jan 10, 2012 at 04:52 PM
Try doing this if you have used Windows Live to read your email:

1. Click Start and select Run

2. In the Open field type "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr"
(no quotes)

3. Once the Stored Usernames and Passwords interface opens you can select any of the entries and select Properties to view the existing information

4. To remove a saved password you can select one of the entries and select Remove. A confirmation screen will appear. Click on OK and the account will be removed

5. You can add additional saved passwords as well by clicking on the Add button and entering the appropriate information

6. Repeat the steps above as needed to add, remove or edit saved passwords

7. When you are done using the interface click the Close button

Good Luck