USB Flash Drive Data Corruption Issue

Closed
Will20017 - Jan 23, 2012 at 03:05 PM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Jan 23, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Hello,

I have used my USB flash drive for several years now without any problems, however, when I inserted my flash drive today it came up as 'Removable Disk D' instead of its usual name, in addition, when I attempted to access it, I was faced with the message 'In order to use this disk, it must first be formatted'. I can now not access my files on the memory stick, and I cannot see what to do to fix this. I have attempted to scan and fix, but this also requires the disk to be formatted. I have a number of very important files that have consumed many hours of my time on this memory stick so I really need this issue to be repaired.

Thank-you in advance

William

Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jan 23, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Hi, try using a recovery tool to get the data from the flash to a computer, then formatting it. Its your only option. I use this:

https://www.minitool.com/download-center/data-recovery-download.html

Select 'Lost partition recovery'.

Good luck.