Have lost the @ symbol from with XP/VM ware

Closed
gordonhipc - Feb 2, 2009 at 05:43 PM
 mips - Nov 14, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Hello,
I have a french iMac keyboard and when using XP through VMware fusion, I cannot type any email address in any window.
The @ key is combined with the # symbol, when I hit @ I get nothing, whenI hit Caps + # I get a tiny N° 2 above the line (like a number squared) bizarre I have hit evrey key on the keyboard and there is no @ sign anywhere.
Can anyone suggest a solution? A virtual keyboard on screen might help , like on PDAs or advance mobile phones - if that exists?
Many thanks for your thoughts /ideas.
Gordonhipc
Related:

2 responses

@ symbol : ctrl+alt+2
€ symbol : ctr + alt + e
@ = ctrl+alt+Q
Blocked Profile
Feb 3, 2009 at 02:54 AM
hi,
try this link to get information aout the virtual keyboard:
http://www.virtual-keyboard.com/
or yopu may contact the apple company for support.
hello Richard,
many thanks for your sensible and logical suggestion - I can see now the multiple advantages of a vitual keyboard, which was just a vague idea I had (clutching at straws - in my frustration of not being able to subcribe to an on line (PC only) service for the lack of an "@".
I will see how the VirtK-board works out. And you are right that I should try Mac for suport - perhaps this wasn't an immediate knee-jerk reaction as I am a new Mac user and thus, coming from a MS Windows user experience, I have often found solutions to problems on the net more quicly and positively with entusiasts such as yourself - rather than going through complcated and sometimes payable MS back up.