Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello there,
I need help please. I updated my laptop bios and since then nothing is coming up on the screen. i can hear the fan and hard drive spinning but nothing coming up on the screen. my cd drive is working fine as well. i have tried diffrent options but stil no avail.

i will really appreciate any help please as my laptop is my world. i have assignments to do. please help me. I am using windows 7 ultimate. please please help me out.

with regards

2 replies

Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Well that's the problem - a failed BIOS update essentially bricks your laptop. The ONLY way around the problem is to BUY a new preprogrammed BIOS chip and replace your existing chip. Lots of college library's have laptops that they can loan out.

Sorry for the bad news.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

thank u. so how do i get a new chip plz? i am so worry. i am also thinking of flashing my bios but not too sure about that.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
The BIOS chip is probably soldered onto the laptop motherboard. So you might need to replace the motherboard.

I suggest you pay a qualified repair shop to diagnose the problem for you. You might find it's cheaper to replace the laptop than to fix it.

Good Luck

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!