Transferring data from a worsheet to another

Closed
brutium Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 12, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2012 - Mar 12, 2012 at 08:01 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Mar 25, 2012 at 07:41 AM
Hello, Everyone,
This is my very first post in this fine Forum, and I would greatly appreciate any help that you could give me.
With some collegues we created a worksbook in order to calculate the final grades that a teacher needs for the students in his/her class. It starts with a sheet in which the teacher identifies all the tools that he will need to use such as Tests, Labs, Research, Presentations etc. The teacher can have up to 10 different tools that he can use. The second sheet is where all the information is collected, and it is here that the grades are calculated.
at the click of a button in the first sheet - the Tools sheet, a number of worsheets are created each with it own unique name. These sheets are created from a template that I created that allows the teacher to insert, in columns, up to 10 marks.
If I use the workbook as is, everything works fine, and I would be VERY happy to use it as is, but new Ministry of Education rules dictate that each marks MUST be broken up into four different categories. So I created a sheet which I called MarEntry for the categories, and (here is my problem) I have no idea on how to link this new sheet to the existing sheets that were created by the Tools worksheet.

How do I make the MarkEntry sheet talk to the appropriate worksheet? That is to say, if I need to enter marks in the Test on Chapter 2 & 3, at the click of a button I can open the MarkEntry sheet, but how can I make the marks go to the Test sheet in column "A", later "B", then "C" and so on for each test I give the students, or If I open the Lab worksheet, After opening the MarkEntry sheet for the Lab sheet in column "A", "B", "C" etc. I am LOST and ready to give up!!!!

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brutium

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 25, 2012 at 07:41 AM
Could you upload a sample file on some file share site and post back the link to the uploaded file back here. It would help if you could re-explain your issue using that file as reference