New computer and new monitor need help.

Closed
evN21 - Feb 4, 2009 at 08:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 4, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Hello,

I bought a custom made comp from ibuypower.com, i purposely ordered it without any windows on it.
But thats not the case here i think, i went to best buy today i bought a 22 inch monitor and hooked it up to my new comp and when i boot it up i get no signal? I tried seeing if it wasnt tight enough but it was. Can some one please help me, ill appreciate it very much=]
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:01 PM
I would first try this: attach the monitor to another computer to test it. If it's OK go to step 2.

Then I would: Remove the Video card and replace it. Then test the PC. It could have shifted during shipping.

You are limited by the tools and resources you have at home. The next step would be to replace the video card with one you know to be good.

If the PC does not work with a good video card and a good monitor then it should be replaced by ibuypower.com

Good Luck