PC Acer Aspire M1610 doesn't boot anymore

Closed
shaylee80909 - Feb 5, 2009 at 08:15 AM
 YUVI - Nov 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Hello,

My acer desktop acer aspire m1610, intel dual core processor, doesn't boot anymore. OS Vista Home Premium
Nothing on screen, no posting, machine beeps 1 longer pause then 2 short beeps, can here the fan,
new video card, still no change, cleared cmos, same thing, nothing on screen.
Machine is just a little over a year old and I am getting mad cause acer is not very supportive,
The HD died after 7 month, got a new hard drive, then in fall of 2008 the onboard video
didn't work anymore, just got a brand new video card.
What else could be the problem? Could it be the HD again?
If somebody has any idea on what else I could do to fix the issue.

Thank you in advance
Shaylee
Related:

4 responses

Alt f10 is the answer keep hitting f10 on boot up to get back to factory settings.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 5, 2009 at 12:15 PM
one long and two short beeps is normally a video display adapter problem. I would remove and then reseat the video card and retest the system. Good Luck
Hello,

Thank you for the advise, I did this and it is not working. The video card is brand new, when I had the old card in, it made a horrible loud noise, so I got a new video card pci express and it doesn't work either.
What I also recognized is when I turn the pc on the lights are coming on just fine, the fans are running, after a few seconds the machine beeps and the light of the hard drive is going off. I took the video card out had the same result with the post beeping, black screen and so on. After reseating the video card, same issue I don't get anything on the screen, except for an amber blinking light that doesn't turn green on the monitor.
It is frustrating when nothing seems to work.
What else could it be???
Fig > shaylee80909
Feb 22, 2009 at 07:11 AM
I have just encounterd the same type of problems with my M1610, i have had alot of trouble restarting the machine recently but now it dont work at all, i switch it on, lights and fans work, and i also get the green moniter light changing to amber, i dont get any beebs just a black screen and the HD dont kick in either, have you sorted your problems now cause i have to use the PS3 at the mo and would like my PC up and running again?????
HIII MY NAME IS YUVRAJ KOHLI I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM THERE IS THAT YOUR RAM IS NOT WORKING
The biggest problem with the Acer Aspires is the memory chips they use. They short out real easy, which causes a constant restart of the system. If you have more than one stick, try pulling them out and testing one at a time. If you only have one, replace it. In the bios, set the system to ignore all errors to make sure. If it's memory is will still reboot.