My computer is shut down in startup process

Closed
himanchal yadav - Apr 24, 2012 at 02:27 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 24, 2012 at 06:01 AM
Hello,

my computer is stuck in a reboot loop. i have an intel pentium 4 desktop computer. it is windows xp home edition. the problem happened after i installed the windows service package 2 (i know, im a little behind). it seemed to install the update fine but after i restarted my computer i couldnt seem to get to my desktop. the computer manages to get to the light blue windows xp loading screen but instead of entering my desktop the computer reboots and the whole process starts over again. after reading other forums, i tried the F8 method but couldnt seem to make it work. last known configuration and safe mode dont seem to work but i may have not done them correctly; im no computer whiz. but after pressing the "disable automatic restart on system failure" option, i got this error message on the "blue screen of death" (this happened after the light blue xp loading screen instead of it restarting like it usually does):
STOP: c000021a Unknown Hard Error
Unknown Hard Error
what should i do? i dont want to have to reinstall windows xp and lose my data as i have some important documents and music mp3s on it. ive read about possibly doing a repair install? how does that work, would it work, and would it save my data? is there another option? thanks in advance.
Configuration: Windows XP
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 24, 2012 at 06:01 AM
incert your windows xp cd in your cd rom thn let it boot when all the files are loaded it will ask you for repairing the windows follow the instruction on screen it will install windows again but skip the format part. This whole procedure only replace your windows folder with new one.