My laptop doesn't connect on wireless

Closed
Lolo - May 10, 2012 at 03:48 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 14, 2012 at 07:30 AM
Hello,

I've got a brand new laptop : emachines 732ZG and I can't connect on my wireless network at home, it work on wireless anywhere else. I've got 5 laptops at home and no problem with them. I've got a wireless broadband router iconnect 625W. I phoned my internet provider at least 10 times, they can't find the problem and tell me that there is something wrong with my laptop, emachines tell me the opposite of course. We tried to close firewalls etc and it doesn't change anything. I'm no computer expert (far from it) and I don't know what to do anymore. Can someone help me?

Thanks. Lolo

Related:

3 responses

ell0 Posts 10 Registration date Thursday May 10, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Does your laptop have a wireless switch - incase make sure that is on.
-------------------
Is the wireless driver / hardware installed - are you gettin ANY wireless signal available
(I mean ANY - besides your own home router)
------------------
Last - rather than trying to reconfigure your firewall by forum. I say uninstall it completely. Try to connect without it. Then reinstall.
(windows firewall will auto protect you for a little while - so don't fear major virus problems)
Note: Comodo do free internet security (google it)
Hi ell0

My laptop doesn't have a wireless switch (100% sure) and I can get several wireless signals (2 neighbours) and mine of course. Although I'm apparently connected to my wireless network, it doesn't work.
Blocked Profile
May 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Hi There,

try disabling the password on your wireless temporarily so it is unsecure and try connecting up then.

if it works, change your security type.
Hi Kieferschild,

I tried what you said but it didn't work.
Blocked Profile
May 14, 2012 at 07:30 AM
Have you tried to reset the router and reconfigure.

once you've done that add the emachine first and see if you can connect.

Also, try disabling your antivirus product.

what is it you use?
ell0 Posts 10 Registration date Thursday May 10, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Forgot to mention - my wireless router one day became chocked with 2 desktops. 3 laptops. 1 Wii. 1 Xbox. 1 psp. Fourth laptop could not get a lookin - solved problem by switchin off router at the mains for 5 mins. Then reconnect.
No success either with this tip.