Cannot find partition of my HD

Closed
veryappreciative - Feb 6, 2009 at 09:11 PM
astucease Posts 11 Registration date Saturday September 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 - Feb 7, 2009 at 01:10 AM
Hey,

I was setting up a new computer recently, and while setting up the BIOS it asked if I wanted to partition the drive, which I did. So anyways I don't know if it's because I partitioned it but never set up BIOS/windows on it or what? But when I log on I'm logged into one partition and the other isn't recognized under My Computer. So what I'm asking is where do I go and what do I need to do to get this partition recognized? I'm sorry if this topic has been covered already I took a look around but still couldn't figure it out.
Related:

1 response

astucease Posts 11 Registration date Saturday September 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 3
Feb 7, 2009 at 01:10 AM
hi,
try this link to see if it can help you:
http://ccm.net/forum/affich 19859 partitioning external hard disk
you may try this as well:

1 Start the computer in Command Prompt Mode.
2 Type "FDISK." The partition window will appear with menu options.
3 Enter 5 if you're partitioning a second drive, and select the drive; otherwise, skip to the next step.
4 Enter 1 (Create DOS Partition or Logical DOS Drive).
5 Enter 2 (Create Extended DOS) to create a partition.
6 Enter N when the program asks if you want to use the maximum available size.
7 Designate the amount of disk space to allocate to the second partition (the partition will be assigned the next drive letter).
8 Type a name for the new partition and press Enter. The partition menu will appear.
9 Repeat steps 5 through 8 to create additional partitions.
10 Press Esc to exit the partition command.
11 Format the newly created partitions.