Use recovery disk or warranty?

Closed
sushiguy Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2012 - Jun 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Hello,
My Toshiba Satellite P755-S5265 has been acting strangely lately. Whenever I start it up, it starts up and goes all the way up to the windows 7 screen, with the symbol that has the 4 colors. However, after that my mouse shows up and that's all that shows. It's basically a blank, black screen mouse with it.

I have a one year warranty that was included with the laptop that expires in 3 months. Should I use this warranty and go back to Office Depot for them to fix it...or should I use my recovery disk to fix it?

I'm not sure if the warranty will help as I heard bad things..any advice would help.

Thank you!

P.S. I have also tried troubleshooting the problem. I have tried holding the power button for 1 min and have tried cleaning the RAM. None of these have worked.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and

keep tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and select the option "Repair Your

Computer".

Good Luck