Why does my computer fail to recognize ports?

Closed
Aaron - Jun 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Hello,
In a desperate attempt to fix my Acer Aspire 5710G laptop, I had installed Windows XP Service Pack2 on it. Before installing I had formatted all my Hard disk drives. Now ever since i installed it, I find that many of my ports are not recognized by my laptop. For example, i try to play music on Windows Media Player and i get this message that "the sound card is not installed properly". I also cant connect to the Internet using a cable as my cable port isnt recognized. What can I do? Is there any way i can fix it myself without having to give it to the technician?
P.S. my laptop has crashed before, and i have even installed Windows Vista SP2 on it, but i've never faced such a problem at that time.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Windows XP does not contain driver software for all the hardware on your laptop. You need to go to the Acer website on another computer. Download all Windows XP drivers for your model laptop. Copy them to a flash drive and use that drive to install them on your laptop.

Good Luck