Need help creating a macro

Closed
KLyLa Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 8, 2012 - Aug 8, 2012 at 07:12 PM
ExcelJosh Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen October 12, 2012 - Aug 9, 2012 at 09:00 AM
Hello,

So here's what I have....

7+ files with multiple contracts created in excel. Each contract contains many different fields of information - address, phone, name, etc.... There are also multiple cells which contain information IF the billing is applicable for a certain month....in other words, August may have a billing amount, but not September.

What I need....

A macro (or possibly code) that I can navigate to any one of the files and then will transfer the business name, address, and billing amount (IF billing is applicable for the month I choose) from each individual contract and place them in a spreadsheet for easy viewing.

I'll need a way of changing the chosen month and year in the resulting spreadsheet so that it will pull the correct billing amount.

I've recorded lots of macros, but have never tried my hand at code. I've tried recording, but it will only transfer the one document I copy and no others....I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks for any tips you can give me!

K

1 response

ExcelJosh Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen October 12, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 at 09:00 AM
KLyLa:

I believe a sample file would be needed in order to help you with this. So, if you're able to give us a sample file with fake information in it, we should be able to help you out.

Good luck,
Josh