Help boot laptop with no boot disk

Closed
kathleenvalerie Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2012 - Sep 16, 2012 at 01:34 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 20, 2012 at 03:49 PM
Hello,

Hello,
My neighbor gave me her laptop it is demanding a boot disk says no bootable drive found insert boot disk & press any key. Well I dont have a boot disk all my software was burned in a house fire last year but I know there is a way of bypassing this I just dont know what it is. Aparently laptops use different demands than desk tops use. Can somebody help me PLEASE

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 16, 2012 at 03:26 PM
Hello,

The neighbour may have probably forgot to give you the boot disk that she/he had. I suggest you ask her/him and save time.

Regards
kathleenvalerie Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2012
Sep 17, 2012 at 01:51 AM
I borrowed a vista disk cuz it says vista on the computer so I am able to see a little but not enough. Anyway its telling me theres no hard drive being recognized. Now I know a desk top computer inside & out Im assuming a hard drive is built inside the computer isnt it? Its showing a drive ndis or something similar wouldnt that be the hard drive? If so why isnt it being recognized? I can get into the DOS only problem there is its been a couple yrs since iv used actual computer instead of my cell phone cuz all my computer stuff was burned up in a house fire we had and I dont remember the the codes to type (batch info & formats) computer are like algebra im figuring out if ya dont do it regularly you forget the formulas to do it. Lol... Now if only I could get that hard drive back then I could just reinstall the windows amd that should fix the problem. Its not easy dealing with hardware when ya cant get the system to boot up. Grrr so what do ya know about that issue that can be helpful for me?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 20, 2012 at 03:49 PM
I was absent, did you solve your issue?