Win Xp not loading in Virtualbox

Closed
robienyshe Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 20, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 20, 2012 - Sep 20, 2012 at 06:06 PM
bitnami Posts 6 Registration date Friday September 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2012 - Sep 28, 2012 at 05:36 AM
Hello,

I have trouble with the win xp virtualbox. The win xp in virtualbox was working till yesterday. Today it was not working. I tried selecting all options of Safe mode but nothing worked out. Even I tried boothing through the CD but it didn't work out. I needed to retrive my files from the Win Xp Virtualbox.
Actually my friend installed it for me and it was working till yesterday. I do not know how to install WinXp in Virtuialbox mode.
Kindly help me how I can get the win xp working or atleast retrieve the files.

Thanks

Related:

1 response

bitnami Posts 6 Registration date Friday September 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 at 05:36 AM
Ideally you would have saved machine points, states. So you could go to a previous moment and recover any data. Maybe try to select one of those, hit play buttton, and see if it loads. Then just back up your files from that virtual machine. If your files were added after the last point was made, and no status was saved, bad luck, then...

As a good general measure, save always in different points(not too many, eats HD space), is often good for testing things, or just working with different Wndows (or apps) configurations without loosing extra hours each time. And export your data (using shared folders, an USB pen, or just an online files depot) from the VM just as you work with it, or this can happen to you more times.

Installing Windows in a virtual machine is not complex. Is very similar to what you would do installing it on a PC. The issue here is that doing so you probably wont recover your data. I'd go for recovering a Virtual Box saved point, better.