Windows xp

Closed
hitesh - Feb 9, 2009 at 01:04 PM
RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 - Feb 10, 2009 at 03:05 AM
Hello,
pls let me know aobut my problem that,my laptop is showing me a message that my window xp copy is not genunine copy and it give message whenever i switch on my laptop,due to this problem now a days one more problem is fixed in microsoft office i can't name the file or else it asks appropriate programme to open other time
Related:

5 responses

Hi was XP installed when you purchased the laptop? did you buy new from a shop?
RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 12
Feb 9, 2009 at 01:19 PM
You need to buy a genuine copy of windows xp. I would have thought that was obvious. Once you have done that you can download all the fixes and service packs.
RaZor X Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2009 2
Feb 9, 2009 at 01:19 PM
Ok wait..I dont understand.

Because your XP is not activated or genuine, you cant rename or name a file, and then you cant open the file?

Is that correct?
hi i got ur reply thanx for it
now tell u exactly wats the problem is
i had my new laptop of hp 520 series recetly and every thing was istalled by them once i got problem of not switching on my laptop they solved it by replacing me the laptop due to it was in warrranty and after some time this problem was occured i think i had deleted some of the windows file due to some virus problem,but pls tell me how to make genunie copy of xp as i have no idea for this and i don't want to by again a new copy it will be charged again so kindly tell me wat is the solution and also let me know which Anti-Virus should i Install and from where can i get

thanking you HITESH

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 12
Feb 10, 2009 at 03:05 AM
ok your laptop should have came with a resotore partition or a restore cd. If not you will need to look on the bottom of your laptop and you will see a microsoft sticker on there will be a serial code for your windows.