-
Registration date
Sunday February 8, 2009
Status
Last seen
February 11, 2009
-
Hello,
pls let me know aobut my problem that,my laptop is showing me a message that my window xp copy is not genunine copy and it give message whenever i switch on my laptop,due to this problem now a days one more problem is fixed in microsoft office i can't name the file or else it asks appropriate programme to open other time

5 replies

Hi was XP installed when you purchased the laptop? did you buy new from a shop?
Registration date
Sunday February 8, 2009
Status
Last seen
February 11, 2009
You need to buy a genuine copy of windows xp. I would have thought that was obvious. Once you have done that you can download all the fixes and service packs.
Registration date
Wednesday February 4, 2009
Status
Last seen
March 26, 2009
Ok wait..I dont understand.

Because your XP is not activated or genuine, you cant rename or name a file, and then you cant open the file?

Is that correct?
hi i got ur reply thanx for it
now tell u exactly wats the problem is
i had my new laptop of hp 520 series recetly and every thing was istalled by them once i got problem of not switching on my laptop they solved it by replacing me the laptop due to it was in warrranty and after some time this problem was occured i think i had deleted some of the windows file due to some virus problem,but pls tell me how to make genunie copy of xp as i have no idea for this and i don't want to by again a new copy it will be charged again so kindly tell me wat is the solution and also let me know which Anti-Virus should i Install and from where can i get

thanking you HITESH
Registration date
Sunday February 8, 2009
Status
Last seen
February 11, 2009
ok your laptop should have came with a resotore partition or a restore cd. If not you will need to look on the bottom of your laptop and you will see a microsoft sticker on there will be a serial code for your windows.