Shut it done it beeps twice

Closed
wyn4 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 27, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2012 - Sep 27, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hello, my lapto is great hen i get it gig but when i shut it done it beeps twice and stays black with it not starting up what is wrong?
Thanks

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hi wyn4,

Two beeps indicate memory (RAM) problem for most of the motherboards (see the below mentioned link for more details):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-on_self-test

In most of the cases reseating the memory modules fixes this problem (i.e., remove the RAM from their slot and then put them back in their place). Before you reseat the memory modules:

1. Ensure that all the power connection (including battery) and external devices such as a printer are removed and the computer is completely powered off.
2. Also reseat the memory only if the memory modules (RAM) are easily accessible in your system model and you are comfortable removing parts from your computer.
3. If you are not comfortable working the insides of the machine, it is recommended you seek professional help.

Do reply with results.