Acer aspire v3-571 won boot

Closed
rubs - Sep 28, 2012 at 02:41 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 28, 2012 at 04:57 AM
Hello,

My partner bought a new acer aspire v3-751, and yesterday it got delivered and was working fine.
She switched it of last night on low battery, me not knowing turned it on this morning, after about a minute the screen blacked out. I plugged in the charger and tried turning it on again, but the power button only light up for a few seconds then it goes of again... then this repeats itself over and over again...
the battery is fully charged now, I have removed it, pressed the power button for 30seconds, with it in and out.
Now i'm clueless what to do.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 28, 2012 at 04:57 AM
Hi

Remove the battery and all cables, then press and hold the power button for 58 seconds. Replace the battery and boot.

Good luck
bitnami Posts 6 Registration date Friday September 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 at 04:50 AM
I can only think of a bit rare possibilities... Maybe first thing I'd try is a compatible charger. If you are so unlucky that it's not working, or the cable is broken inside, it simply might not be charging at all, the laptop just loads with some bits of energy remaining, then switches off.

Second thing, if it lets you at least get into the BIOS (if the problem is a conflict that get triggered after that stage, it should not power off while you are at the bios menu) I would check power saving bios features, see if you can try setting on/off or changing some options, then try to boot. Maybe disable any suspending/hibernate etc option. And/or any key that activates that. Because could be a key that got stuck, and is actually having one of those functions.

Maybe the battery is wrecked. But trying with another one might a problem.