Stop Xbox from turning off: while updating, automatically
If you are looking to save energy it can be a good idea to configure your Xbox One or Xbox Series X console to automatically shut down after an extended period of inactivity. The procedure is simple and straightforward and we'll show you how to configure it in this article.
To configure auto shutdown settings for the Xbox and stop your Xbox from turning off, which can be useful when you are downloading a game, or when you deliberately want to stay active for several hours despite being inactive.
Press the Menu key of the controller, and then go to Settings > Power & startup > Turn off after.
Select one of the following options:
- 1 hour of inactivity,
- 6 hours of inactivity
- Don't turn off automatically.
For any other Xbox questions, check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to keep xbox from turning off
- How to stop xbox from turning off
- How long does it take for an xbox one to turn off by itself
- Xbox 360 controller driver > Download - Drivers
- How to turn off magnifier on xbox [solved] > Xbox360 & Xbox One Forum
- Xbox app download > Download - Digital stores
- Xbox auto clicker [solved] > Xbox360 & Xbox One Forum
- Hitman 3 cheats xbox one > Guide