Bluetooth

Closed
syedmust Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 2, 2012 - Dec 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 11, 2012 at 03:50 AM
Hello,

i have inspiron dell mini laptop 1012, i have the bluetooth software included in the driver CD but i can not install that i dont know why? thier is a zip file, when i unzip it starts installing the software but it does not do any thing gives a message to turn off or on the radio or press fn+f2 that i did and nothing happened, if i thought that i will be installed in log time i put that for maybe more then an hour but still nothing happened,

any one please help me installing this software, aha, i have windows 7 starter and windows 7.

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Hi syedmust,

You can find the updated Bluetooth drivers for your computer compatible with Windows 7 32-bit from here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-mini1012?driverId=TTW58&osCode=W732&fileId=2939863973

Try installing this driver and see if the issue is fixed.

Do reply with results.
Thanks for the reply
i did but the same problem.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 3, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Hi syedmust,

Inspiron 1012 was shipped with Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and Ubuntu Moblin operating systems. Hence the drivers available on our support site are for only these operating systems. Ensure your computer's Operating System is Windows 7 32-bit not Windows 7 64-bit, then this driver can be installed.

Now, try to install the driver following the below mentioned instructions:

1. Download the drivers to the desktop or any easily accessible folder.
2. Once the download is complete, double-click the filename.
3. The file extracts to the c:\dell\drivers directory by default.
4. Close all open programs during the installation.
5. Use both AC and Battery power during the installation. This will allow the firmware update to run if needed.
6. Before you can use the Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Adapter, you must restart the system.
7. After the system is restarted, click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray to complete the installation.

If the driver doesn't install using the above steps, perform a cold boot before and after driver installation. Additionally, connect the system to AC adapter. The following steps explain this process:

1. Connect the system into the AC adapter.
2. Turn the system off using the operating system shutdown feature.
3. Wait a minute or two.
4. Turn the system on and boot to the operating system.
5. Before doing anything else, run the installation setup program.
6. After the installation completes, turn off the system using the operating system shutdown feature.
7. Reboot the system.

Note: The installation time for this driver can take 10 minutes or longer. As long as the hard drive light on the system is either solid or flashing, the driver is still loading. Once the driver is installed, restart the computer. Once the computer gets to the Desktop screen, double-click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray to complete the installation. You must do this before you can use the card.

Do reply with results.
well thanks for the answer Zohaib,
i tried both but when it comes on stage where it says "avtivate bluetooth by pressing fn+f2 or radio on/ff " under this message thier is a button which says cancell the installation. here fn+f2 does not work, only f2 is for disabling the connections, thier is only two opption of wireless connections disabling them or enabling resulting nothing, if i press cancell installation that will cancell, so guild me what can i do with this

Sayed Mustafa
Dec 11, 2012 at 03:50 AM
Hi Sayed Mustafa,

Try running test on the Bluetooth port and check if everything is working fine. You can run diagnostics on your Bluetooth port from the below mentioned link:

http://www.dell.com/support/Diagnostics/us/en/04/diagnostichome/index/Bluetooth

Once the page opens, read the terms of use and click "Yes, I agree" (if you agree), to start the diagnostics. If the diagnostics returns any error code do reply with the exact error code.

Please do write back to us.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell