900gb pen drive

Closed
bhuvan Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2012 - Dec 4, 2012 at 01:25 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 7, 2012 at 01:18 AM
Hello,

sir

thanks for your response

actually i have only windows 7 i do not have any other option so what should i do please suggest me,

thanks
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 4, 2012 at 01:32 AM
Hi bhuvan,

From your post it is not clear as to what is the issue you are facing. Request you to kindly revert with clarification as to what is the problem.

Please do write back to us.
bhuvan Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 at 06:18 AM
Sir

Actually my pen drive is 900 gb.whenever I want to use it's always asking me to format
I always loose my files.

So please just suggest me how to fix the problem and I have windows 7 only in my pc

Thanks
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 5, 2012 at 04:18 AM
Hi bhuvan,

This has helped a few users, try this and see if this fixes the problem. Try to format the pen drive to NTFS if it is FAT32. You can check the below mentioned steps on how to format to NTFS:

1. Close any open programs running from the pen drive.
2. Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. At the command prompt, type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs, where drive_letter is the letter of the pen drive, and then press Enter. For example, convert E: /fs:ntfs would convert drive E to the NTFS format.
4. Type the name of the volume for your pen drive, and then press Enter. You must use the existing name of the volume or the conversion will be canceled. You can view all available volumes in the Computer folder under Hard Disk Drives.
5. Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
6. If your disk is almost full, the conversion process might not succeed. If you receive an error, try deleting unnecessary files, or back up files to another location, to free up disk space.

Do reply with results.
bhuvan Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 at 08:19 AM
Thanks for your suggestions

I have tried the way you said exactly but it's showing

CONVERT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR EXFAT DRIVERS

please suggest me if there is any other way to fix the problem

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Dec 7, 2012 at 01:18 AM
Hi bhuvan,

The problem seems to be the File System of your 900 GB pen drive. To change this to NTFS try the below mentioned steps and see if the issue remains:

1. Open "Computer" icon on the desktop.
2. Right click the drive and select Format.
3. Choose NTFS in the File System dropdown box.
4. Click Start.

If this doesn't fix the issue, in your reply please include the model number of your 900 GB pen drive.

Do reply with results.