Monitor to CPU

Closed
iceberge Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 7, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2012 - Dec 7, 2012 at 08:36 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 7, 2012 at 09:29 PM
Hello,

I'm having a large problem with my PC. So it started by having the monitor connect, but have nothing show up on it. Then, I restarted my computer and everything was fine. About a week later it did the exact same thing again, but (Using my highly scientific and precise mind I did the one truly foolproof thing) I unplugged the monitor cable to the PC and reconnected it and it worked perfectly. The monitor connects but it won't show image. I continued to unplug and re-plug and having it work for about 2 days. Now, my little stroke of "brilliance" in unplugging and replugging isn't working. Something tells me it isn't the graphics card because when I unplugged then replugged it, it worked. Yikes, help me out.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 7, 2012 at 09:29 PM
Hi iceberge,

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Here are a few things I would recommend adding to your troubleshooting:

1. Now that unplugging and plugging does not gives any video on the monitor, try running a Monitor Self-Test (unplug the monitor as you do and see if any pattern appears on the monitor or any box like structure). There might be other methods of running Monitor Self-Test, you can check the Service/User's manual of the monitor.
2. If the Monitor Self-Test passes, i.e., the pattern appears on the screen, try to replace the monitor cable only and check if this fixes the problem.

In your reply please include your computer's configuration (such as memory, processor, graphics card, etc.) and the Monitor's model number with manufacturer's name.

Please do write back to us.