Monitor Probs.

Solved/Closed
RogerRocket Posts 2 Registration date Friday 14 December 2012 Status Member Last seen 16 December 2012 - 15 Dec 2012 à 13:31
RogerRocket Posts 2 Registration date Friday 14 December 2012 Status Member Last seen 16 December 2012 - 16 Dec 2012 à 13:13
Hello,
My wide screen monitor view keeps flashing from a small size to a larger wider screen size (aspect ratio or something). I have changed monitors and cables in a sequential manner - the smaller monitor just shows a black screen then after a few on and offs of the button on my tower it comes on again, Sometimes I have no picture at all. Is it the graphics card thing and can I run a prog that will put it right or do I have to take it to the shop for a repair?
Merry Xmas
Rog
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
15 Dec 2012 à 16:31
Hello Roger,

Yes, it is a graphic card "thing" and there is no existing software which can repair any kind of card that has a physical failure.

Sorry
RogerRocket Posts 2 Registration date Friday 14 December 2012 Status Member Last seen 16 December 2012
16 Dec 2012 à 13:13
Thanks Ambucias for the speedy reply. Have a nice Christmas.
Roger