Can't open my hard drive

Closed
vkutana Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2012 - Dec 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 18, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Hello, my passport hard drive isn't being recognised by computers anymore after i gave it to a friend to copy some files using a macbook. It keeps opening as a cd drive WD smart ware and i can't open any of my files. Please someone help cuz i ve all my study materials on the hard drive. Thanks

Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 27, 2012 at 01:35 AM
Hi vkutana,

Kindly take your hard drive back to your friend's Mac Computer and backup all the data into it. Once the data is backed up, try connecting this Hard Drive to other computers and check if it works. Also, connect other USB devices such as a mouse or a pen drive in the USB port of your computer and check to make sure the USB ports on your computer are working fine. In your reply include the exact Model Number of your passport Hard Drive so that I can look for the next course of troubleshooting.

Please do write back to us.
Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for the reply. I know this sounds silly, but may I now how to back up in Mac Book?

Thanks,
Hi Zohaib,

And I couldn't even see my hard drive in the computer section when I connect the hard drive to my computer. The light on the passport hard drive do flash and vibrate as usual when it is connected to a computer. Weirdly I can't see any icon in the computer, therefore I don't even know where to find the hard drive icon. Hope this information will help in solving the problem that I am having currently. Thank you very much.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 18, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Hi CJK,

I would not be of much help in backing up data in Mac OS as I am not a Mac OS expert. However, you can check this article for details about file systems in Mac OS and using an external drive.

As for Western Digital Passport Hard drive not detected, follow these basic troubleshooting steps in this article and reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell