Laptop/computer is freezing when playing games

Closed
Shobede Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 20, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 - Dec 20, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Hello,

I bought a Lenovo laptop and asked someone to partition its hard drive so I would have a separate disk for operating system and my files, such as music, videos, etc. After it was partitioned I could not play any game without the laptop freezing. I tried setting the acceleration but nothing happens. What must I do about this? Please help.

Thank you
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 27, 2012 at 02:30 AM
Hi Shobede,

Please try to update the Video card Drivers and see if this fixes the problem. If this doesn't fix the problem please reply with these details:

1. Is this issue common to every game?
2. What type of games you are trying to play?
3. What is the exact System Model Number of your Lenovo Laptop?

Please do write back to us.
Hi Zohaib R

Thanks for your response. My laptop is Lenovo G580. The problem is with all the windows games.

The other thing is, someone tried to install or update video card drivers and it installed but after restarting the computer there was no display (black screen). And then we ran it in safe mode and uninstall the drivers. The guy thought that there is a specific driver that needs to be installed before other drivers can be installed.

Joseph
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Hi Joseph,

As you mentioned the problem started after tampering the original drivers for the Graphics Card, I would suggest you to visit the following page from Lenovo's website.

https://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/

This has all the drivers for your computer, Lenovo G580 Notebook. Select the Model Number and Download the original drivers recommended from Lenovo and then update them in order. You might also find this useful:

https://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/solutions/ht074527

Please revert for clarification.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell