Audio output device

Closed
RalphIvar Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday December 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2012 - Dec 25, 2012 at 01:54 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Hello, I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop with windows vista home premium on it,
the sound device says that I have no audio output device installed how do I in stall
one, I have tried installing new drivers but can't, have tried Mr Fix it no good, what do I need to do to fix the problem, oh I do have sound an anoying beep when I do certen things
please help thanks so much.

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Hi RalphIvar,

This problem requires you to install the Audio Drivers. May be the Audio Drivers you are trying to install are not correct or updated. Please provide me the Device Instance ID of the Audio Card so that I can try to find the correct drivers for you.

To get the Device Instance ID:

1. Right click the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2. Select Manage.
3. Select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane.
4. Then expand Sound, video and game controllers from right pane.
5. Right click the Device listed under Sound, video and game controllers.
6. Click Properties.
7. Go to the Details tab, and then select Device Instance Id from the drop down list.
8. Make a note of this Device Instance ID.

Please do write back to us.