Need help with macro for 2 worksheets

Closed
mjaybee Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013 - Jan 16, 2013 at 09:28 AM
mjaybee Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013 - Jan 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Hello,

I've seen examples close to what I need, but I'm not an experienced macro person and I don't know how to tweak them to get what I want.

I have a spreadsheet created periodically that is used for tasking. When someone has worked on an item, they put an X in column B of that row. The next week a new spreadsheet is created. It may or may not have the same rows as the previous week. Some rows will not be on it, but it will also have new rows that are not on the old spreadsheet.

I want to add an "X" to the new spreadsheet if the row exists (and the first spreadsheet has an "X" in it).

I don't care if the second sheet is updated or if a new worksheet is created. I just need all the rows of the second sheet and col B updated if it has an X in the first sheet.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Related:

2 responses

mjaybee Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 at 01:10 PM
I'm trying to make the VLOOKUP work, because that seems simpler, but it keeps returning #NA even though there is a match. Here's the formula I'm using
=VLOOKUP(A4,OLD!$A1:$A1404,2,FALSE)

I thought this was taking the value of the cell A4 on the current sheet and looking in the sheet called OLD in colum A rows 1-1404, and returning what is in column 2 of OLD when there is an exact match.

In this case I have the number 9 in A4 of my current sheet and in row A7 of the sheet called OLD. I want the X from OLD, column 2 of row A7 to be copied to column 2 of the new sheet. I know there is a match, but it has #NA as the result.

What am I missing?
mjaybee Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Solved this with my vlookup formula