Need help with pc

Closed
earache Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013 - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Hi guys, recently got a gaming pc for my lad its fantastic, he wanted to get his game saves off his old pc which is 3 yrs old so he took the hard drive out and put it in new one. while doing this he remembered one of his game cds was still in old pc so he powered it up opened tray got it turned it off. when he had got what he wanted from old harddrive i put it back in old pc. set up old pc for my daughter powered it up everything is on can hear fans but wont boot up no signal to monitor tried windows 7 cd can hear dvd/cd drive working and still nothing happens, can anybody help please

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 20, 2013 at 01:43 AM
Hi earache,

From your description of the problem it seems the computer is not displaying any video. Kindly, try the below mentioned steps and check if it helps:

1. Try to reseat the monitor cables (both power and data cables).
2. If you don't get video in the above step, try this monitor with a different computer (if possible a friend's computer).
3. If the monitor can't display any video on the other computer as well the problem might be with the monitor itself. Do get in touch with the monitor's manufacturer or their website for model specific settings/troubleshooting.
4. Try a different monitor (if possible) with your computer. If the video is good on this monitor, this symptom also indicates some problem with the original monitor.
5. If the monitor works fine with other computer, check the monitor settings and the input mode (such as, VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.).

If any of the above steps don't fix the problem, do reply with the Monitor's make (model), the Motherboard Model Number and Operating System and also any hardware/software changes you made recently to the computer.

Please do write back to us.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
hello zohaib R, thankyou very much for your help, got a new vga cable and now have video, yay!. now i have a new problem, boo! it is a compaq q sg3 220 uk AMD vision . the pc wants to boot from cd/dvd drive, then goes to menu f11 setup esc boot menu and so on, so go to boot menu set it up to boot from hhd and save and exit . it then works fine' it does this every time it starts up. been into bios and boot priority put hhd first and saved, still does the same on start up, can you help again please, thanks again earache.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Hi earache,

I am glad to hear that the issue is fixed for the display. The symptoms indicate the new problem is owing to the BIOS settings. Kindly check and let me know if the computer keeps the Time. Which means when you open the BIOS screen the time displayed remains same or it changes every time you restart the computer?

Please do write back to us.