.EXE

Solved/Closed
swordfishman Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013 - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:54 AM
swordfishman Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013 - Jan 16, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Hello guys,

Yesterday i downloaded my company s/w and tried to work on it. Suddenly a "Open With" dialog box popped up and i choose the relevant s/w exe but the s/w didn't open. At the same time i found that every application i click thereafter the image of that changes to the co. s/w image.

I removed that and reboot my system then also same problem!!!

I also found that i am not able to open any application and i try to open any it opens with the dialog box asking to choose i.e., "open with", not "Regedit". Overall to put it in asingle statement I am not able to open any .exe files

Now it is showing a different msg that"C:/path of the progarm" and " Application not found"

I have tried every solution you have specified, none of them worked for me.

Please help me with this ASAP.

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 16, 2013 at 02:10 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First backup your registry. Click on Start --> In search bar, type regedt32 and

press Enter. "Registry Editor" will be opened.

Click on "File" --> Export --> Save the backup with any name in your desired

location.

2) Click on the below hyperlink "Fix" and download it

Fix

Double-click on it and follow the instructions.

Restart your PC

Good Luck
swordfishman Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Dear jack4rall,

U r fantastic dude...That really worked very well and my system is back to life..I would have given u a nice party if u would have been here with me today...

Actually regedit didn't open but i downloaded the fix and run it and it boom it worked...

I am very gratefull to u buddy.