Laptop Power On - Screen Stays Black - Fan Goes Off

Closed
andantesash Posts 3 Registration date Sunday January 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2013 - Jan 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM
LAKSH Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2013 - Feb 3, 2013 at 05:12 AM
Hi Guys,

Im having some problem with my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I powered it on and the fans whirred like normal and the lights on the keyboard came on like normal - the power button lit up. But the screen stayed black. Then the fans went silent after 5 seconds and it sounded like it was switched off but all the lights were still on - the power, hard drive and keyboard ones. I noticed if I run my finger over the touch pad buttons for volume etc they light up so im not sure whats wrong.

I replaced the screen on the laptop the other day and it was working fine until last night and this has happened. Any suggestions?

I've tried replacing ram / replacing hard drive / pulling the cmos battery for 30mins / unplugging and trying the 30 seconds power button trick but nothing.

Any suggestions? Please
Related:

1 response

LAKSH Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2013
Feb 3, 2013 at 05:12 AM
problem with the power supply in ur laptop