Read this article to find out how to act when your computer starts whistling.
When you hear your computer making a whistling noise - regardless if it an HP, Dell, or else - it probably means that it's overheated, the ventilation system and namely the fan is struggling or your PC might need repair. It can also be dangerous for your CPU.
Why your computer makes a whistling sound?
When the computer makes a whistling sound, it signifies that the processor is facing a high-temperature issue. This can be due to an overheated capacitor in the CPU which can burn if it is not taken care of. It could also be due to poor CPU fan performance and a lack of ventilation to the hardware components leading to damage to the CPU.
Usually, the computer shuts down after the whistling noise as precautionary measures are used to stop further damage to the computer structure inside the CPU. In fact, the internal wiring of a CPU can block the fan and spoil the ventilation or make a screeching "whistle noise " due to tangled cables.
To solve this problem, follow the instructions described below:
How to fix a computer that makes a whistling sound?
Step 1: Shut down your computer immediately (if it has not already shut down automatically).
Step 2: Unplug the power supply cable from the CPU and make sure that you have unplugged any devices before unscrewing the CPU cover.
Step 3: Make sure that no cables are obstructing the fans and that the right cables are plugged in the fans.
Step 4: Remove any dust particles that might have accumulated inside the CPU with a compressed air sprayer designed for this task. If you do not have one, you can use a soft paintbrush.
Step 5: Without closing the CPU, be very careful while connecting the power cable again. Switch the CPU on to check whether the fans are working properly.
Step 6: If this is not the case, you might need to buy new fans to have proper ventilation for your CPU ( you may need the help of a technician for this issue).
- Pc whistling sound
- Laptop fan whistling
- Computer whistling noise
- Pc beep sound > Guide
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Sound not working, sound fix > Guide
- How to fix no audio when connecting PC to TV > Guide
- Setup 5.1 surround sound speakers on laptop [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- No sound on LCD TV - Desktop HDMI connection [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- Change file creation date: on Windows, Mac
- How to clear virtual memory: Windows 10, pagefile
- How to stop HP laptop from sleeping when closing lid
- Dell Inspiron webcam driver: download, for Windows 10
- Acer laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi: what to do?
- How to mine Bitcoin: on PC, at home, on laptop, for free
- Acer Recovery Management: Windows 10, tool download
- Where to download 4K wallpapers: on PC, Mac, mobile devices
- Built in microphone not working: Windows 10, Mac
- Dell Inspiron time of day: not set, clock stopped
- Flashing orange light on HP laptop: WiFi
- Change desktop background: Windows 10, Mac
- How to work from home: effectively, online