SATA driver

Closed
ntkisuru Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2009 - Feb 15, 2009 at 01:47 AM
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Feb 15, 2009 at 04:14 AM
Hello,
i bought a hp pavilion dv2680en laptop(came with Vista) and there i can't find driver for my SATA hard.becz of i want to install windows XP for my laptop...when im installing XP it say ur SATA is not detected...dont knw y is dat?? so plz anyone can help me...plzz...
Related:

1 response

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Feb 15, 2009 at 04:14 AM
Hi There
You might be out of luck with this one as I had a similar problem with a polish laptop running Vista,
I wanted to install XP like you and although It installed OK I could not locate one of the drivers so after a long time looking for the drivers on HP support site and contacting tech support I was told that this laptop is not meant to have XP on it so that particular driver for XP was not available.

So the only way round it was to reinstall Vista which annoyed me no end.
Before you go that route I would contact HP tech support and see if they can help.
I hope you sort yours out as I have to put up with Vista.
Kindest Regards Tony B.

The Dream is always better than the Reality
<a href="http://www.listbuilder4me.com/html/codes">Free Internet Marketing Videos!</a>