Unable to open some files and folders

Closed
ahmadspikey1 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2013 - Feb 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Feb 4, 2013 at 03:25 AM
Hello, i know this thread was discontinued along time ago, i just hope someone reads this and has some useful information to help me with.

I've tried the steps Jack4rall gave and it honestly, got me to view all my files and everything was still there and what's great, NO SHORTCUTS!
But unfortunately i cant open some files and some folders, it still ask's me to FORMAT :(
I've tried all the steps correctly and even downloaded the malware protection it deleted some stuff, i also downloaded AutoRunRemover, nothing was found.
I want to try and copy my files to a safe drive and format the then infected HD.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance...

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 4, 2013 at 03:25 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Right-click on that drive --> Select "Properties". Let me know the file system. Does it shows the correct usage?
Are you facing this problem only to particular file or folder in that drive ?
Good Luck