Really Bad Virus PLEASE HELP!

Closed
Brawn Johnson Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 - Jan 30, 2013 at 01:26 PM
 Brawn Johnson - Jan 30, 2013 at 08:14 PM
Hello,

I recently installed a program on my computer, but something bad happended. While it was installing, I chose for it to establish a System Restore Poing. But halfway through, it notified me that the System Restore Point failed, and proceeded with installation. When it finished, it asked me to reboot my computer and I did. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and before I get to the startup page to select my User, it says Please Wait and doesn't change. I also have tried running windows in Safety Mode but it says that my password is incorrect and/or a blank password. Is there any way to fix it besides reinstalling my OS?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jan 30, 2013 at 04:33 PM
Hello,

It may not be a virus but most likely and error. One should never try to create a restore point while a programme is installing. You Windows must be corrupted.

If you cannot boot in safe mode, you must insert your Windows disk, reboot and attempt a repair, in which case you may lose data

Good luck
Brawn Johnson
Jan 30, 2013 at 08:14 PM
Ok. I'll look into that. Thanks