Transcend unable to complete the format process [Solved/Closed]

inocentpunk 3 Posts Tuesday February 12, 2013Registration date February 12, 2013 Last seen - Feb 12, 2013 at 01:48 PM - Latest reply:  Jithu
- Mar 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Hello,
i m unable to format my pendrive, I tried from almost all method wen I try to format using right click it says windows unable to format I tried format method of fat32 and others too and wen I tried to format from disk management then my pendrive automatically disappear and again appears with same space without being formatted!! Please, help me out of this what to do? any precise remedy for this?
See more 

10 replies

Ambucias 53232 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date July 17, 2018 Last seen - Feb 12, 2013 at 05:02 PM
Thank you
Hello,

What is the make of your pendrive ?
inocentpunk 3 Posts Tuesday February 12, 2013Registration date February 12, 2013 Last seen - Feb 12, 2013 at 05:41 PM
Thank you
wat make u mean? well I made that pendrive a windows reset password disk nd my pendrive is transcend 8gb! I downloaded that script from pogostick and it has kept its label as PASSCAPE I cant even change the label. and it is in the healthy and active state but cant b unmounted and formatted...and it has some features like:
Press enter to boot, or give linux kernel boot options first if needed.
Some that I have to use once in a while:
boot nousb - to turn off USB if not used and it causes problems
boot irqpoll - if some drivers hang with irq problem messages
boot vga=ask - if you have problems with the videomode
boot nodrivers - skip automatic disk driver loading
now I hope u understand so I need my pendrive as in normal form I cant copy/delete anything!!!!
inocentpunk 3 Posts Tuesday February 12, 2013Registration date February 12, 2013 Last seen - Feb 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Thank you
the link says :
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
thnx yeah it made me headache coz I need my pendrive back asap for my project :(
Ambucias 53232 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date July 17, 2018 Last seen - Feb 13, 2013 at 04:44 AM
hello, tnx for the link but still disk error I think now my disk is damaged!! cuz may b due to many times I tried with many software and by pluggin it many tyms now it automatically b plugged on and off well can u tell me how to remove the ip from black list. now this problem making me frusteded
Excellent the link was very useful. Thanks a lot :)
Thank You Very Much... Its working...
Ambucias 53232 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date July 17, 2018 Last seen - Feb 14, 2013 at 05:10 PM
Thank you
Such a drive can get damaged if mishandled, like disconnecting too quickly, that is removing it before it can safely be done.

As you know, formating it would have erased all the data on it.

A pendrive can also get infected by a virus called USB Virus.

As for the help removing the ip from the blacklist, I really don't understand your question. What does the pen drive related to an IP ?
dango95 3 Posts Saturday February 16, 2013Registration date February 17, 2013 Last seen - Feb 17, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Thank you
http://ccm.net/download/download-127-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool I have had good luck with this so far
Ambucias 53232 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date July 17, 2018 Last seen - Feb 12, 2013 at 05:58 PM
Thank you
You seem to be very frustrated about this. Please calm down.

I only wished to know the make of your pendrive and from what I understand it's Trancend. The thread's title has been amended accordingly.

Transcend makes a lot of difference when formating, it's not like any other pendrive.

You wish to format it...

Try this 1.

Click on the below link and try "JetFlash Online Recovery"

http://www.transcendusa.com/products/online_recovery.asp

Follow the step by step instructions.

Good Luck.