- New Computer won't boot Windows XP
- Can't boot Windows XP reinstallation CD ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Need to boot windows xp to external monitor ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Boot windows xp from external hard drive ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Repair boot windows xp ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Fix boot windows xp ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
You might have used (or it defaulted) AHCI mode for the SATA interface. Windows XP does not come with AHCI drivers. You will probably have a BIOS setting that will change the hardware support to IDE. You then can install Windows XP then update the drivers, modify the XP registry to use the new drivers/hardware then change the BIOS to AHCI. I suggest you Google "AHCI" to find the exact steps/ registry values.