Restore my pc gateway

Closed
helpmycomputer Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2013 - Mar 19, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 20, 2013 at 02:35 PM
Hello,
Gateway goes pass gate logo and then in to windows error recovery. Do what it assk and take it to wapp paper page and stops there

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 19, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Hi,

I would like to help you here. A little more details about the problem will help me find a fix for you. I would like to know the exact System Model Number of your Gateway computer. Also, what is the version of Operating System installed in your computer?

If you wish to restore your computer to factory settings, please check the below mentioned link for steps on how to reset a Gateway computer to factory settings:

https://ccm.net/faq/6809-reset-a-gateway-computer-to-factory-settings

Please do write back to us.
helpmycomputer Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2013
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM
My PC is a gateway NV53. Start computer it goes to gateway logo then it goes to a windows error recovery page. In a few seconds it goes to a page saying windows is loading files. Few seconds later it goes to the final page with a wall paper picture and stay there. Nothing on this page with file of any kind.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 20, 2013 at 02:35 PM
Hi,

Please try these generic steps (if you have not tried it earlier) in correct order and check if this fixes the problem:

1. Disconnect external peripherals ( Like Printers , scanners , USB media/ HDD , optical media ) to check if any of the external devices are causing the "Error Recovery Screen" to appear.
2. Boot from the diagnostics diskette and start the diagnostics program.
3. Run the test on Hard-Drive. (Perform steps 2 and 3 if you have the diagnostics diskette).
4. If any error appears, contact Gatway Support with the error code or post the error code here so that I can look up its meaning.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Begin pressing the F8 key after the Gateway BIOS logo appears until the Windows Advanced Options Menu screen appears.
7. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu screen, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press the ENTER key.
8. If the computer boots to "Safe Mode", try to perform "System Restore". Open "System Restore" by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.

Do reply with results.