Restoring the computer to its factory settings
will do just that - putting the system back to the settings which it had when it came from the factory
.This can be helpful from the users point of view in situations when modifications to settings hampered the proper functioning of the system. With factory settings
, unnecessary files will also not appear as the computer will be returned to its default state
.To reset to factory settings
, Gateway Computers can be of great help for Windows based computers.Installation
of the Gateway Computers Management
software will enable the computer to return to its original settings.
Reset a Gateway computer to factory settings
I have a Gateway M-7315U and I am trying to reset my computer back to its factory settings and can't figure out how to do it.
This option restarts the computer and restores it to the factory installation of Windows using Gateway Recovery Management.
- 1. From the Windows Vista default Start menu, click All Programs >Gateway > Gateway Recovery Management
- 2. In the Gateway Recovery Management window, click Restore, and then Restore system to factory default
- 3. In the Confirm Restoration dialog box, select Yes, and then click Start
- Note: You are prompted to enter your password if a password was set
- 4. In the Confirm Restoration dialog box, click OK
- 5. The computer restarts
- 6. Windows loads files
- 7. The Please wait a moment screen is displayed
- 8. In the Restore from factory default dialog box, click Next
- 9. In the Destination Disk Information dialog box, click Next
- 10. In the Notice dialog box, click OK
- 11. The hard drive partition is created
- 12. The factory default installation is copied to the hard drive
- 13. In the Finished dialog box, click OK
- 14. The Please wait a moment screen is displayed and then the computer restarts
- 15. Windows prepares to start for the first time - this may take a few minutes
- 16. Windows continues setting up the computer
- 17. The computer restarts
- 18. In the Set up Windows screen, click Next
- 19. In the Please read the license terms screen, select 'I accept the license terms' for each item and then click Next.
- 20. In the Choose a user name and picture screen, enter the appropriate information and click Next
- 21. In the Type a computer name and choose a desktop background screen, enter the appropriate information and click Next
- 22. In the Help protect Windows automatically screen, click Use recommended settings
- 23. In the Review your time and date settings screen, select the appropriate settings, and then click Next
- 24. In the Select your computer's current location screen, click the appropriate option
- 25. In the Thank You screen, click Start
- 26. Windows checks the computers performance
- Depending on your hardware, this process could take up to 15 minutes to complete
- 27. Windows prepares the desktop
- 28. The Gateway Recovery Management is installed
- 29. Installation is complete
Thanks to xpcman for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on December 10, 2013 at 05:40 AM by Ambucias.