Remove External Harddrive Shortcut

Closed
Tommie Green Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2013 - Mar 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM
Hello,

Awhile back I got a virus which turns all of the folders on my external hard drives into shortcuts whenever I plugged them in. So I purchased a new laptop, same thing.I've "attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* " & full scanned with Malwarebytes 1,000 times. It always works temporarily & as soon as I reconnect the drives back to the laptop there are the shortcuts again. This is not a new harddrive. Why is this happening and how do I stop it indefinitely? Thanks
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM
Hello Tommie

Normally this type if issue is caused by a USB virus. It will spread to all of your USB memory devices and harddisk.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (créé par El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://services.service-webmaster.fr/cpt-clics/clics-30453-6505.html

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion
Let the tool work.

At the end of the scan a report will show which you can copy and paste here..

The report is save at the root ( C:\UsbFix.txt ).

You can also vaccinate against any virus.

Normally this type if issue is caused by a USB virus. It will spread to all of your USB memory devices and harddisk.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (créé par El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://services.service-webmaster.fr/cpt-clics/clics-30453-6505.html

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion

Let the tool work.

At the end of the scan a report will show which you can copy and paste here..

The report is save at the root ( C:\UsbFix.txt ).

You can also vaccinate against any virus.