Hard drive not detected in bios

Closed
param3384 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2013 - Mar 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 27, 2013 at 03:15 PM
Hello,
i am having asus mother board on my computer. i was having window 7 on my computer. it was not working properly so i decided to reinstall windows . when i tried ,bios set up was not showing any of the hard drive partition.i am trying from last three days to reinstall windows 7 but not working . pls help

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 27, 2013 at 03:15 PM
Hi param3384,

Try these steps and check if the hard drive gets detected:

1. Disconnect the power cable from the computer tower.
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to remove the residual power.
3. Connect the Hard Drive to other ports (SATA/IDE) on the motherboard. If the Hard Drive is detected, one of the ports on the motherboard is bad. If the Hard Drive is still not detected follow the next step.
4. Try a different data cable and see if the Hard Drive is detected. If the Hard Drive is detected, the problem is with the cable and has to be replaced.

Note: The steps above require you to reseat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.

If the issue persists reply with the System Model Number of your computer or the Motherboard Model Number.

Please do write back to us.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell