How to remove BING as your search engine

Closed
bcn101 Posts 113 Registration date Friday November 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2014 - Mar 29, 2013 at 09:09 AM
 Kozychic - Jun 4, 2014 at 07:46 AM
Hi, I have an acer aspire notebook and I have set GOOGLE as its browser. However, this morning it's already BING. I wanna get rid of it. I have tried looking for some solutions over the net but perhaps my computer knowledge is very limited. Please help.

Thanks!
Related:

6 responses

Delete "search protector" from Conduit from your computer.
beckfordburger
Feb 9, 2014 at 06:14 AM
in chrome...

click 'customise and control' icon top right of screen
click 'settings'
under 'appearence'>'show home button' click 'chnge'
click 'save'
beckfordburger
Feb 9, 2014 at 06:16 AM
oops forgot to say
after you click 'change' delete the web address in the search box
click 'save'
Nada disso é fácil, é só procurar no painel de controle na área de desinstalar programa, na barra de localizar no alto da mesma página digite search conduit desinstale e pronto ele some.
O bing só desinstala assim, o programa fica escondido com um nome diferente.
Thank you, Jesus Crist, I was about to change to internet explorer or something like that, it's really annoying!
It's far easier than that. On the right hand side of your address bar, you will find 3 little lines. Click on Settings, then look under the On Startup heading and find the Open a specific page. Click the words Set pages that is written in blue. Erase whatever is in that box and type in what you want, i.e. www.google.com and that will be your new start up page when you open your browser window. Then under the Search heading, make sure it doesn't show Bing as your default setting. Change it to Google
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 29, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Hi bcn101,

You can remove "bing" and set Google as your default search engine. To find steps on how to make Google your default search engine, please check the steps mentioned in the below link:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/464?hl=en&rd=2&visit_id=637146155202661189-156724265

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Hi bcn101,

Please uninstall Google Chrome. Check the below mentioned link for steps on uninstalling Google Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?hl=en

Then download and re-install Google chrome from the below mentioned link:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en

Check if this fixes the issue.

Do reply with results.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
JonesyBrown Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 at 02:37 AM
Hi,
its an "add-on" search engine .
You can set the default browser by any other provider ...Like Google search ...Yahoo ...Amazon....etc.....
ON the Top right corner : drop down the menu .. click : Manage search providers pick the one you like ...and set "as default".

Now ...If you want to get rid of "Bing home-page":- Drop down Tool, internet option, delete the current home-page and type in any site you want..
bcn101 Posts 113 Registration date Friday November 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2014
Apr 11, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Hi Zohaib,

I am so sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the help, I have the google browser back now. Although I still have another petty problem. When I opened another new tab,instead of showing up google homepage all I got is this :

No s'ha trobat cap pàgina web per a l'adreça:

chrome-extension://kdidombaedgpfiiedeimiebkmbilgmlc/new_tab.html

Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): No s'ha trobat el fitxer ni el directori.

It's in catalan,but what does error 6 all about?

Thanks in advance!