How to save the files in the usb without reformatting

Solved/Closed
musicdownloader818 Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2013 - Apr 1, 2013 at 02:49 AM
 Eliot - Oct 28, 2016 at 01:25 PM
Good day, I wish to know how to open my usb without reformatting it. My files in the usb were transferred to a shortcut and when I inserted my usb in the laptop, the anti-virus had detected a malaware, ~SWSTSXC.FAT.32 and moved it to chest. When I open it, it says that that >>> there was a problem starting ~SWSTSXC.FAT.32. the specified module could not be found. kindly assist me on this matter, the files in my usb are very important. thanks
Related:

6 responses

Brotskytv Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2015 2
May 29, 2015 at 02:21 AM
Solution one: reboot your pc, link your usb drive to pc again, if it dose not work, try another computer. Sometimes this will work, if don't, try solution two.
Solution two: download a free data recovery software, restore your files to another usb drive. Generally speaking, all your lost files will be recovered.s
Solution three: when the file recovery is finished, you'd better check your usb drive.
1.Link it to your pc, right-click on your usb drive letter in "my computer"
2.Select "property", find "hard drive" and select your usb drive in"name", hit "property"
3.Select "strategy" and then "optimization" in the property dialog.
4.Wait till the optimization is finished. Hit "Confirm" and reboot your pc.
5. Format your usb drive.
If solution three dose not work, perhaps your usb chip is damaged, buy a new one.

check out this link too . http://www.brotsky.tv/2014/05/18/how-to-save-a-file-to-a-usb-drive/
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 1, 2013 at 05:18 AM
Hi musicdownloader818,

As you mentioned you have important data in the Pen Drive, I would first like to recommend steps that can help you recover the data, next we can try to repair the pen drive. "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" helps you recover the data in most of the cases. You can find instructions on how to recover the data and download "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" from the below mentioned link:

https://www.easeus.com/resource/pen-drive-recovery.htm

Follow the instructions in the above page and check if you can recover the data.

Do reply with results.
musicdownloader818 Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 at 01:44 AM
Sir,

you're a lifesaver, thanks to you and to the "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard", I was able to retrieve 80% of my files.

thank you very much

musicdownloader818
This is a problem with your file structure, your USB stick was probably hit by a virus.

- Scan the USB drive and make sure it's clean
- Go to Computer and check your USB drive letter path (example F)
- Go to Start > Run > type "cmd" in the box (without quotes)
- In the command prompt type the following line:

attrib -h -r -s F:*.* /s /d

Where F can be replaced by your driver letter.

Check if it works and the folders are back to normal. If so, you can delete the shortcuts.
tnx bro, it worked :)
brilliant. it worked!!!!
mayi333 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2013 1
Jul 7, 2013 at 08:15 AM
hi! I have same problem as yours.. I try the steps then I click recover but it was asking for a serial number.. what should I do??

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 7, 2013 at 08:39 AM
Hi mayi333,

You must use the Free Version of "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard". Also EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can only recover 1GB data for free. Click here to know more.

Hope this helps.
PurpleHaze420
Aug 26, 2013 at 01:51 AM
I think TPB is your friend for full version of this software LOLZ..