PC turned on but does not boot/monitor no signal

Closed
GNJF Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2013 - Apr 8, 2013 at 07:26 AM
 Tom - Apr 8, 2013 at 07:26 PM
Hello,

I turn on my PC, all the lights are on (case lights and motherboard lights) but my monitor remains off/unable to find a signal. I fiddle with the parts inside my computer, making sure all of them are secured, plug out my power cables and waited for awhile then plugged them back in and it usually works. On the first boot, it will always crash on the desktop, the second boot will be fine. On some occasions, the pc will restart itself while I was playing video games and I have to do all of the above again to get it to work. I have had to do this every single morning for the past few months and it's driving me crazy. I'm sorry if all these symptoms are to vague.

HELP ME. Thanks

Related:

1 response

With the symptoms progressing over time, it's almost certain to be the Power Supply.

Could be a bad USB port or device, but they usually fail suddenly. Try unplugging all USB devices. If it comes on with the USB stuff removed it *could* still be the Power Supply though. A remote possibility is a failed mother board but they are pretty good these days.