No display

Closed
shajideepa Posts 16 Registration date Saturday March 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2014 - Apr 11, 2013 at 02:26 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 11, 2013 at 03:49 AM
Dear Sir
My pc recently show no display

But 3 beep sound comes when turn on pc.

'' input not supported '' such a message comes on monitor.
the monitor light lights properly

please help me to solve the problem

NB:-
Asrock mother board ( M 266 A )
' VIA VT 8235

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 11, 2013 at 03:49 AM
Hi shajideepa,

I have checked the ASRock website for beep code errors and it shows that 3 beeps code means Main memory read / write test error.

'' input not supported '' error will appear on the screen when the video fails to initialize. As the computer is not completing POST (Power On Self Test) it is not able initialize video.

The general recommended troubleshooting for this is to re-seat the Memory Modules (RAM chips). Take a technician's help and re-seat the memory modules. You can refer to the Service Manual of the motherboard for steps on Installation of Memory Modules. Please refer to page number 11 of the service manual:

http://download.asrock.com/manual/M266A.pdf

Note: The steps mentioned above require you to open the computer chassis. Before you open the computer chassis ensure all power connections including the external devices are removed. After removing, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to release any Flea Power in the computer. Preferably take a technician's help.

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell