Data convert into small size

Closed
janardansingh Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2013 - Apr 12, 2013 at 04:59 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 12, 2013 at 05:11 AM
i have a large amount of data in my pen drive.
some days ago my pen drive was not opening. i tired several time but did not get success.
my friend run a command in cmd

chkdsk /f

and after some time i was able to open my pen drive.
but when i opened my pen drive, i saw that the file which was more than 500 MB, showing only 8 KB and it happened with all files.
there was only 10 MB free before this command run by my friend and still it is showing 10 MB free while all files has converted into very small size.
i have already tried with show hidden files but not got success.

so Please help me to recover my data as it was.
is there any method to get all my data?

Regards
Janardan Singh

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Apr 12, 2013 at 05:11 AM
Normally this type if issue is caused by a USB virus. It will spread to all of your USB memory devices and harddisk.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (created by El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://ccm.net/download/download-24089-usbfix

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion
Let the tool work.

At the end of the scan a report will show which you can copy and paste here..

The report is save at the root ( C:\UsbFix.txt ).

You can also vaccinate against any virus.