April 15, 2013
-
Registration date
Sunday April 14, 2013
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2013
-
My Acer laptop has been affected by virus and it even did not give me an option to boot from the boot manager, when I try to press F2 for my boot menu it did not work and instead the windows starts always, so I have directly install the windows form DVD option. I have successfully installed the new windows and even did delete the windows.old folder from C: Drive and installed the MS Office pack, but later the charge was over and it got shutdown and when I plugged in the charger I got this message saying BOOTMGR is missing. I thought of booting again but the boot menu doesn't come only the logo of acer, I have tried hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL for several times but it gives the same message. I even tried with the F8 key but no luck.

2 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You can fix the boot manager using the Windows DVD. You can find full instructions at this site:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

Good Luck
Registration date
Sunday April 14, 2013
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2013

Ok! I got the idea how to fix the problem but I cannot open my boot menu while tabbing F2 key which is for bot menu set up for my laptop. How can I open my boot menu even I can not open my system recovery menu while tabbing F8 key. Help me please.