Hotmail has been hacked

Closed
dr.kannan Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2013 - Apr 27, 2013 at 02:21 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 27, 2013 at 04:33 AM
My hotmail account has been hacked by some irresponsible people three days ago. They have since changed the password and the profile information. I am currently unable to log in to my hotmail account.
They have send out letters seeking financial contributions to my contacts, purportedly from me.
I have reported the matter to hotmail but so far no news from them, Surely the information cannot match as they have changed the information. If the team can compare my information from last week's data, it would match.,
I am expected some important mails to the mailbox.
Can you assist to recover my said hotmail account. (deleted for security reason)
My alternate email is deleted for security reasons

Urgent assistance is required

Thank you

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 27, 2013 at 04:33 AM
There are hundreds if not thousands of accounts being blocked because they were hacked and/or used for spamming.Unfortunately Hotmail is not secured and one should never save data on Hotmail servers without backing it up.

Please follow the procedure given in the following tip and recover your account:

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/email/1375-outlook-account-blocked-and-hacked/#topedit

Regards