Acer Aspire 4730z (OS:WinVista ) keyboard malfunctioned

Closed
Zsaurein Posts 6 Registration date Monday May 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2013 - May 6, 2013 at 02:32 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 6, 2013 at 08:08 AM
Hello,

After I installed avast antivirus.. and boot it, some changes occurs. First we cannot type using laptop's keyboard or external keyboard. (ctrl , enter backspace, delete keys are working)Second, icons in desktop cannot be moved. I uninstalled avast and it worked . And then I installed avg is 2013 and suddenly keyboard malfunctioned again.. SO I cancelled installing it. and keyboard still not working.. What do we need to do? Is this because of virus or what?

I checked keyboard settings and it says it's working properly, what I need to do? Thank you!
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 6, 2013 at 03:00 AM
Hi Zsaurein,

As you mentioned the keyboard is disabled after installing the anti-virus, uninstalling the anti-virus should have ideally fixed the problem. However, there are some changes made at the "Registry Level" and to other "System Files" in the Windows Operating System during the installation of certain anti-virus software. If this is the case, you can try uninstalling the anti-virus completely using "Revo Uninstaller". You can download the "Revo Uninstaller" from the below mentioned link:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4641-revo-uninstaller/

Once the uninstall process is complete, restart the computer and check if the keyboard is functional again.

Do reply with results.
Zsaurein Posts 6 Registration date Monday May 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2013
May 6, 2013 at 03:33 AM
AVG and Avast antivirus are already uninstalled before I installed revo uninstaller. So,after I installed revoU, they do not appear to the optional programs to be uninstalled by revo.. what do I need to do? thanks!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 6, 2013 at 05:52 AM
Hi Zsaurein,

You can use "AVG Rescue CD" to remove any traces of "AVG anti-virus". You can download and read more about "AVG Rescue CD" from the below mentioned link:

https://support.avg.com/answers#!/feedtype=RECENT_REPLY&dc=All&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS

If removing "AVG anti-virus" doesn't fix the problem, please try to "Restore" the computer to an earlier date when "AVG anti-virus" was not installed in the computer.

Do reply with the results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Zsaurein Posts 6 Registration date Monday May 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2013
May 6, 2013 at 06:48 AM
I have a question, under read me of this avg tool, it says that the OS must be under GNU/Linux and my OS is Vista.. SO, this tool is not applicable for my laptop? Isn't it?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
May 6, 2013 at 08:08 AM
Hi Zsaurein,

"AVG Rescue CD" can be used in the form of a bootable CD or bootable USB flash drive to recover your computer when the system cannot be loaded normally, such as after an extensive or deep-rooted virus infection. You can use this bootable CD/USB on your computer irrespective of the Operating System installed. This tool runs on the machines running the following operating systems:

Any new MS Windows system running on FAT32
MS Windows 2000 running on NTFS
MS Windows XP running on NTFS
MS Windows Vista running on NTFS
MS Windows 7 running on NTFS

You can read more about this tool from the below mentioned link:

https://support.avg.com

"Midnight Commander" is one utility which can be found in "AVG Rescue CD". This is a file manager, you can use utility to navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" and delete AVG drivers (or files starting with "avg" in their names). This will completely remove "AVG anti-virus from your machine. Moreover, I would recommend running a scan using "AVG Rescue CD" to eliminate any deep-rooted viruses from the machine.

Please revert for clarification.