Dell No audio

Closed
mmDun Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2013 - May 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 13, 2013 at 08:41 AM
The computer will not restore to an earlier time, the drivers are still there but no sound and computers says there is audio, yet videos play, but no sound. The OS is Windows XP never never experience this in the 9 years I have worked with windowsXp Professional. The windows still makes sound Its a dell, I went and redown-loaded the drivers and nothing............urggg!
Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 9, 2013 at 09:17 AM
Hi mmDun,

Try to remove the audio drivers from the computer and check if you can hear sounds using generic drivers in Windows. To remove the drivers:

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on the Performance and Maintenance link. If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the Administrative Tools icon and proceed to Step 4.
3. In the Performance and Maintenance window, click on the Administrative Tools Control Panel icon toward the bottom of the window.
4. Now that Administrative Tools is open, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
5. When the Computer Management utility opens, click on Device Manager on the left side of the window, located toward the bottom of the list under the System Tools heading. Device Manager should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window. If you don't see Device Manager listed, you may need to click on the [+] next to System Tools.
6. Click the [+] next to "Sound, video and game controllers".
7. Right click the device(s) listed and select "Uninstall".
8. Restart the computer and check if you hear the sounds.

Do reply with results.
mmDun Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2013
May 9, 2013 at 03:49 PM
Dear Zohaib R

I appreciate your help, I did as you suggested and unstalled
SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC, and restarted the computer.

Found new Hardware Wizard appeared used Sound Blaster X-FI (CD)
to reinstall. As it was installing the computer said this software has not been

Windows Logo testing....whatever that means I know to protect the computer
yet with the installment CDs this was sent by DELL....who would know..LOL it was fine a couple years back now its not...ok moving on

Computer said .. This device cannot start (code10)

Driver version 6.10.0.5286
so I rolled back to version 5.10.0.4991

and got it working although I really would prefer the lastest software possible.

ok, well it is as it goes............Of course since you work for DELL there were a lot of other steps in between I made, to get to the roll-back, which now I don't remember. I used my intuition and logic.

Thank you and I do absolutely appreciate your help
regards

mmDun
mmDun Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2013
May 9, 2013 at 03:51 PM
resolve not really but on the way
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 13, 2013 at 08:41 AM
Hi mmDun,

I am sorry for the delayed response. Your effort to fix the problem yourself is really appreciated. I would like to know the exact state of the computer since troubleshooting.

Please do write back to us.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell