Cant install O.S "C/D Dvd driver not found " error

Closed
R0si3B Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2013 - Jun 1, 2013 at 08:20 PM
TechMate Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday May 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Hey all , Ive gone n tried installing windows 8 by disc (been used b4 so know it works),
It gets to choosing yr o.s to install on, then gets to files being saved to a folder called 'Windows old', then it states that the dvd drive driver isnt found, I have an acer aspire M3203 Desktop. The Hdd is split into 2.
Ive tried recovery options and a new windows 7 installation to put it all right but it wouldnt let me. i then decided to format the previous installations of both sides of Hdd by putting the Hdd in caddy into laptop n quick formatting them. put it back in tower still asks 4 driver 4 dvd drive. ive tried finding correct driver for a Hl-dt-st-dvdr but struggling to find a site that i can download to install pior to windows installation. Started looking at command promt side of things 2 it needs X: > copy commands or something ?? anyway Many Thanks 4 taking the time to read this! i also love to learn so any ideas be Cool. xx
Related:

1 response

TechMate Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday May 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 3
Jun 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM
you said you decided to format both the hard drive partitions, in that case you can try do this. Note : it will wipe out the whole hard drive clean and nothing would be there later on, even recovery partition would be gone.

if you understood me right and you are still up for it.
do as follows
Step 1 : after you have reached to a point where windows prompt you about "where do you want to install windows ? and shows you a list of drives"
Step 2 : Press Shift + F10 there
Step 3: command prompt windows should open with x:\sources> showing there.
Step 4: Type Diskpart and press enter
Step 5: Now x:\sources> should have changed to c:\diskpart>
Step 6: type list volume and press enter
Step 7 : locate the volume where you want to install windows and note down the number. suppose "n"
Step 8 : type select volume "n" where n is the number of the volume where you want to install windows
Step 9 : type clean and press enter
Step 10 : exit from diskpart and exit from command prompt using exit command.
Step 11 : refresh the screen that lists available discs. there should be an unallocated drive/partition.

Cheers : click on that partition or volume and click next to proceed with the installation. Hope you can drive it home after this.

let us know further